Velvety of green Berry lentils and pan-fried foie gras
Publiée le 06/02/2018
- In a saucepan, caramelize the smoked streaky bacon with a dash of cooking oil Vigean.
- Dice the carrots and shallots, crush the garlic, slice the thyme and add to the smoked streaky bacon, continue the caramelization for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lentils with one liter of cold water, cook gently until the water simmers and the lentils are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and add chicken broth and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put the contents of your pan in your robot or mixer and add the cream (add water gradually to obtain the desired consistency), mix until a velvety (maximum speed for about 2 minutes) and put aside.
- Reheat the duck leg confit in a medium baking oven, approximately 10 minutes, to soften the meat, then crumble the meat. Cut 4 nice slices of raw foie gras and place in a hot frying pan (no oil needed), about 10 seconds on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
For serving, place your crumbled duck confit in a soup plate and cover with your velvety (about 100ml per person).
Place your foie gras in the middle of the plate and drizzle with an organic gourmet walnut oil Vigean.